Effective Date: December 3, 2021
This Policy applies only to information collected through the Site and therefore does not apply to data we collect in other contexts.
Information We Collect and Maintain About You
We collect information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Services. We further automatically collect certain information about you and your smartphone or other device when you use, access, or interact with our Site.
Personal information collected through the Site. You may navigate the Site without submitting any personal information. However, if you contact us by email, we may collect any personal information you provide through your message, including your email address.
Server logs. Server logs automatically record information and details about your online interactions with us. For example, server logs may record information about your visit to our Site on a particular time and day and collect information such as your device ID or IP address.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon, clear GIF, pixel, or tag) is an image or a small string of code that may be placed in an advertisement or email. It allows companies to set or read cookies or transfer information to their servers when you load a webpage or interact with online content. For example, we or our service providers may use pixel tags to determine whether you have interacted with a specific part of our Site or opened a specific email.
Third-party online tracking. We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the personal and other information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set pixels through the Site. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including website analytics.
Aggregated or deidentified information. We may also share aggregated or deidentified information about Site users, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Site. Such aggregated or deidentified information will not identify you personally.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. These purposes include, for example:
- To respond to your questions or requests concerning the Site or other Services offered by us;
- To fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- To fulfill your requests for our services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
- To send you information about our services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications, including promotional emails and advertising;
- To deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications;
- To improve your user experience and the quality of our products and Services;
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and
- To manage our business.
In addition to the purposes above, we use the information that we collect automatically through the Services for such purposes as:
- Counting and recognizing visitors to the Site;
- Analyzing how visitors use the Site and various Site features;
- Improving the Site and enhancing users’ experiences with the Site;
- Creating new products and services or improving our existing products and Services;
- Enabling additional website analytics and research concerning the Site; and
- Managing our business.
We may link information gathered through the Site with information that we collect in other contexts. But in that event, we will handle the combined information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
With Whom and Why We Share Your Information
We share your information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Third-party service providers. Aulos Bioscience uses third-party service providers that perform Services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, and mailing vendors. These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may also share your information with third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for Services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Analytics. We partner with certain third parties to obtain the automatically collected information discussed above and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use pixels or server logs, and they may set and access device IDs and IP addresses from your device.
Please note that our website currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
If you wish to access, correct, or delete the personal information we have on file, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to opt-out of marketing emails you receive from us, you may do so by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are a resident of the EU, UK, or another jurisdiction with an applicable privacy law, you may have certain rights available to you. These rights may include:
- The right to be informed about our data collection practices;
- The right to access and rectify your data;
- The right to erase or delete your data;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to restrict and object to the processing of your data (including for direct marketing purposes);
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your information;
- The right to opt-out of marketing emails and text messages;
- The right to limit our use of any automated decision-making processes;
- The right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority; and
- The right to withdraw consent (to the extent applicable).
To exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible but no longer than 30 days.
We employ physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect both online and offline. However, no website is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
We retain personal information about you necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information was collected or as required or permitted by law. We do not retain personal information longer than is necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which we collected it. When we destroy your personal information, we do so in a way that prevents that information from being restored or reconstructed.
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. We may also subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. However, we comply with all applicable laws regarding international data transfers.
By using the Site or by providing any information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Content on the Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to the Site in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. We will post all such changes on the Site, so you should review this page periodically.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you can contact us by email at email@example.com.